Current opening for a full-time, licensed mental health provider!
Second Growth Counseling is looking for the next member of our amazing team! We are hiring for a licensed, full-time therapist (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, Psychologist) to provide clinical counseling to individuals, relationships, and groups as part of our therapeutic services. *Updated 4/19/21
Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career fit with a workplace that empowers their passion to help people grow resiliency in their lives. The ideal candidate has a specialty niche (examples: trauma, EMDR, perinatal, grief, etc.) with advanced training and experience. This candidate is driven, motivated, collaborative, creative, and self-initiating with a desire to enhance our dynamic, supportive, and hope-filled group of clinicians.
Second Growth is a developing group practice in Portland, Oregon creating social impact through therapeutic experiences. Our vision is to see our community filled with purpose, passion, and compassion where all members are valued and have opportunity for contribution and connection. From caseloads to events, workshops to groups, advocacy and partnerships, our therapists are dedicated to supporting emotional wellbeing, destigmatizing mental health, and facilitating environments for growth. We are a fun, hard-working, collaborative team, each with different strengths and specialties. We hire providers who actively develop a social justice lens and are committed to examining how their own biases, training, experiences, privilege, activism, and leadership style impacts their work.
We enthusiastically welcome inquiries from licensed mental health clinicians with diverse backgrounds, narratives, perspectives, experiences, and clinical approaches. We are invested in co-creating a practice culture together that celebrates the unique and diverse expression of ability, gender, age, sexuality, ethnic heritage, and spirituality. Second Growth Counseling brings on therapists that support and practice inclusive, affirming, and antiracist worldviews.
This clinical therapist will provide individual, couples, community psychoeducation, and group therapy to clients of Second Growth Counseling. Therapy services include treatment of adults, couples, and families. We are currently looking for licensed providers (LMFT, LPC, LCSW, Psychologist) with proven training and experience to serve both couples/relationships, as well as adults experiencing anxiety, depression, stress, or trauma. This position is for full-time, employee status with a compensation range between $45-$65 per clinical hour (+additional administrative pay) based on experience and specialty.
ABOUT SECOND GROWTH COUNSELING:
We are a creative, compassionate, and fun group of social-justice-oriented clinicians who work collaboratively to uplift the dignity, health, and wellness of our community. We offer counseling services to individuals, families, relationships, and workplaces while also providing mental health support through groups, community events, organizational support, and partnerships with non-profits. We specialize in working through stress, life transitions, anxiety, depression, compassion fatigue, spiritual complexities, grief, trauma, identity development, relationship stressors, fertility-pregnancy-postpartum journeys, and end-of-life emotional support.
- RESILIENCY: We believe in acknowledging our full stories for wholeness and health, giving witness to both our pain and growth. There is value in recognizing our wounds and limitations, validating our truth, affirming our experiences, adapting with new skills, and working through our connection with others.
- SOCIAL JUSTICE: We take intentional actions for social justice and opportunities to uplift dignity, access, equity, and freedoms we each need for a healthy life. We celebrate the diversity and value of each person. We foster one another’s uniqueness, strengths, and giftedness.
- SOLIDARITY: We stand with one another through challenge and success. We are with and for one another. We co-create an inclusive, responsive space to be present to one another through our work, services, and advocacy.
- CREATIVITY: We challenge the status quo with innovation, joy, and curiosity. Creativity fosters resilience, exploration, problem-solving, expression, and beauty. From our work environments to the extension we have in the community, we use creativity to de-stigmatize mental health and promote well-being.
- COURAGE: We act with the belief that healthy connection together is healing and transformative, built with honest, compassionate, and respectful communication. That involves being brave and inviting courage. We honor the truth that each of us brings and shares through our experiences.
- GROWTH: We cultivate opportunities for engagement, education, and service because we believe in nurturing personal, professional, and organizational development. We support the growth in a client’s journey and within ourselves, in our team, and through our community.
- Collaborative, creative, supportive team environment
- Competitive and stable hourly compensation, paid every other week through direct deposit. Compensation range between $45-$65 per clinical hour (+additional administrative pay) based on experience and specialty.
- Ability to earn above $100,000 annually (licensed, FT therapist)
- Additional compensation bonuses awarded annually
- Wellness stipend for health and wellbeing
- Malpractice Insurance
- Virtual-office resource package for remote working
- Personalized advancement opportunities for leading groups, trainings, events, partnerships with local organizations, and advocacy efforts
- Workplace flexibility, including some remote working even after COVID. (Later this year we have hopes of seeing clients again in person within an ADA accessible facility & resuming our optional walking sessions.)
- Team case consultation
- Administrative, networking, and marketing support
- Insurance billing specialist to coordinate benefits, eligibility, and claim submissions
- Training and development opportunities for advancing your skillset
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Additional benefits added with company growth
- Enthusiastically align with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- Master’s Degree in clinical counseling, mental health, marriage and family therapy, art therapy, expressive cultural therapy, or other clinical mental health area accepted for Oregon state licensure.
- Active, unrestricted mental health license (LMFT, LPC, LCSW, Psychologist) in the State of Oregon (must be fully licensed). Additional corresponding license in Washington state preferred or willing to work towards.
- At least 1-year post-licensure experience in providing evidence-based and culturally-informed therapy.
- Commitment to inclusion, intersectionality, and best practices from ACA Code of Ethics, WPATH Standards of Care, and ACA competencies including Multicultual & Social Justice, ALGBTIC, ASERVIC, and Advocacy to advance quality care with underserved populations.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to seeing clients.
- Available to hold at least 25 kept client sessions per week. Some evenings required and preferably some sessions available on a weekend day.
- Fluent at the clinical level in the spoken and written English language with preference to those with second language fluency, also at the clinical level.
- Have at least one specialty/niche market for counseling services (i.e., grief, trauma, perinatal, etc.) with specialized training. Certification preferred.
- Preferred: Prior experience in a community agency or private practice setting.
- Preferred: Current completed CAQH ProView file and approval as an in-network provider with Pacific Source, Trillium OHP, or Moda insurance or willing to work towards.
- Preferred: Knowledge with Simple Practice Electronic Health Records System
- Preferred: Working skillset in developing online mental health content for platforms that include: social media, websites, blogs, downloads, e-books, or online courses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical counseling services to clients of Second Growth Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
- Provide assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, and evaluation through therapy services.
- Coordinate care with health providers as needed.
- Provide referrals and community resources to clients as appropriate.
- Maintain professional, ethical standards in accordance with ACA Code of Ethics, HIPAA, state law, and licensing requirements.
- Computer skills to operate as a completely digital practice within our Electronic Health Records system, integrated telehealth platform, and with secure communication strategies.
- Timely documentation of written records for each client and service including, but not limited to: intake notes, assessments, diagnoses, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contact logs, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Second Growth Counseling or third parties.
- Practice mandatory reporting, HIPAA-compliant training and standards, update CAQH file, and renew credentialing.
- Maintain client files accurately and up to date completely within the Electronic Health Records system.
- Manage and maintain a full caseload, schedule and coordinate care directly with clients, bill all private pay and copayments.
- Market and promote their clinical services through social media posts, blog articles, speaking engagements, profile listings, and networking to grow their referral base and recognition in the community.
- Utilize phone, computer, fax, scanning, secure texting, and app technologies as appropriate to best practices for clinical care, customer services, and professional standards.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Second Growth Counseling.
- Respond timely to clients’ referrals, messages, and care coordination.
- Attend, participate, and rotate leading staff meetings and team trainings.
- Complete continued education as required to maintain licensure.
- Examine and apply anti-oppression factors in clinical work.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position may not be the right fit for you if:
- You are not yet licensed in the state of Oregon as a licensed mental health provider.
- You do not feel enthusiastic about our values, mission, and vision for this work together.
- You desire to only build a caseload and do not experience excitement at investing in the local community through events, advocacy, education, digital content, and community partnerships.
- You would prefer to work alone and separately, without collaborative accountability and teamwork.
- Your career goals are ultimately to run your own practice. It’s ok if this is you! It just means we are not the right place. Our efforts are aligned to invest in our teams and provide growth opportunities within Second Growth. Our ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career fit and workplace to invest and grow within.
This position could be a great fit for you if:
- You are aligned with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- You feel energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Second Growth Counseling
- You already hold a social justice orientation, practice anti-racism work, and are engaged in the ever-ongoing learning journey of humbling, personal growth.
- You are able to engage with direct and constructive feedback.
- You thrive on the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of colleagues, clients, and community members.
Please apply if you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity! Non-licensed providers are not being considered for this position.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through the form below.
In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself, what makes you a good fit for this team, and more details about the specialty niche/corresponding training. We will also welcome the submission of a 3-minute intro video in lieu of a cover letter.
We reply to every candidate. We will confirm we received your materials by email. Please no additional calls or emails at this time. If you are not selected, we will communicate with you as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed as they are submitted and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled, which we are highly motivated to do!
If you are invited to interview (virtually), we will provide you with a significant list of our interview questions. We hope this allows you to feel more comfortable and prepared to share. We also find it a better experience rather than attempting to discern candidates through anxiety or uncertainty in the process. We look forward to a supportive process together!