Bilingual Client Care Coordinator
We are hiring for a part-time, bilingual (Spanish/English) Client Care Coordinator to provide administrative assistance in support of our therapeutic services.
Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career fit with a workplace that empowers their passion to help people grow resiliency in their lives. The ideal candidate has training and experience in HIPAA, scheduling, medical billing, client payments, and trauma-informed customer service. This candidate is driven, motivated, collaborative, creative, and self-initiating with a desire to build effective systems and procedures for customer care and business efficiency.
We enthusiastically welcome inquiries from candidates with diverse backgrounds, narratives, perspectives, and experiences. We are invested in co-creating a practice culture together that celebrates the personalized expression of ability, gender, age, sexuality, ethnic heritage, and spirituality. Second Growth Counseling brings on employees that support and practice inclusive, affirming, and antiracist worldviews.
The client care coordinator supports our team of mental health therapists by providing English and Spanish administrative assistance in the practice. These duties include managing initial inquiries, scheduling, verifying insurance, handling insurance claims and client payments, and communicating updates about the practice. This position is for a part-time (15 hours a week) employee with a compensation range between $20-$23 per hour. Anticipated start date is during August 2021!
- Collaborative, creative, supportive team environment
- Competitive and stable hourly compensation, paid every other week through direct deposit.
- Additional compensation bonuses awarded annually
- Flexible work hours
- Workplace flexibility, including the option for hybrid work schedule (in-office & remote working)
- Training and development opportunities for advancing your skillset
- Additional benefits added with company growth
- Potential opportunity to go to full-tme, including additional benefits, with company growth
- Enthusiastically align with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- Fluent in Spanish and English with the ability to show competency through formal written and verbal communication testing. (Second Growth will schedule and fund this in coordination with your availability.)
- Available to work at least 15 hours a week with 1-3 hours per business day (M-F) during business hours (8am – 5pm) that can be split between mostly remote and some in-office work. (Temporarily fully remote at this current time)
- Experience and commitment with providing services that value inclusion, intersectionality, and trauma-informed care.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
- Preferred: 2 years prior experience supporting office management in a professional setting: medical clinic, community agency, private practice, salon/spa, or similar setting.
- Preferred: Working skillset in developing online content including social media, e-newsletters, blogs, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage inquiries and intake calls/emails for English and Spanish-speaking clients (respond to phone and email inquiries, schedule intake appointments with an appropriate therapist, set-up clients in our system, verify insurance information, send intake paperwork for completion, and answer practice-related questions).
- Provide metrics on intake and insurance statistics and give direction on best practices for improving the process of establishing new clients.
- Submit initial insurance claims and track payments, denials, and client balances.
- Initiate duties with high attention to detail, organization, and time management, with the ability to prioritize various projects independently.
- Exchange straight-forward feedback for collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving.
- Operate within our Electronic Health Records System, Google Workspace, Excel, and insurance portals using exceptional computer skills.
- Practice with HIPAA-compliant standards and maintain client files accurately.
- Utilize phone, computer, fax, scanning, secure texting, and technologies as appropriate to best practices for clinical care, customer services, and professional standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position may not be the right fit for you if:
- You do not feel enthusiastic about our values, mission, and vision for this work together.
- You are unable to devote 1-3 hours per business day (M-F) during business hours (8am – 5pm) to the position.
- This would be your first experience in using an electronic health records system, submitting insurance claims, or booking clients.
- Your career goals are ultimately to run your own practice. It’s ok if this is you! It just means we are not the right place. Our efforts are aligned to invest in our teams and provide growth opportunities within Second Growth. Our ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career fit and workplace to invest and grow within.
This position could be a great fit for you if:
- You are aligned with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- You already hold a social justice orientation, practice anti-racism work, and are engaged in the ever-ongoing learning journey of humbling, personal growth.
- You feel energized by helping others in a team through organizing, handling schedules, communicating quickly, and tending to details.
- You love logistics, spreadsheets, databases, medical billing, and even insurance claims but also enjoy helping clients find the right clinician, get set-up for counseling, and understand their insurance benefits.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and thrive on the ability to apply your grit to situations.
- You are able to engage with direct and constructive feedback with the ability to adjust, learn, be corrected, and grow.
- You are looking for the opportunity to build into something bigger than yourself to make a difference in the lives of colleagues, clients, and community members.
Please apply if you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity!
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide a cover letter or brief introductory video (about 3 minutes) with the following information:
- Please tell us about yourself.
- What makes you a good fit for this specific position on our particular team at Second Growth Counseling.
- Details on how you fit the position.
We reply to every candidate. We will confirm we received your materials by email. Please no additional calls or emails at this time. Applications that do not follow the instructions (resume and either cover letter or video) will not be considered.
For candidates who advance to the next round in the hiring process, you will receive a detailed questionnaire to complete prior to interviewing. Before your interview, we will also provide you with a significant list of our interview questions. We hope this allows you to feel more comfortable and prepared to share. We also find it a better experience rather than attempting to discern candidates through anxiety or uncertainty in the experience. We look forward to a supportive process together!