Bilingual Mental Health Therapist Job Application
We are hiring for bilingual (Spanish/English) therapists to provide clinical counseling to individuals, relationships, and groups as part of our therapeutic services.
Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career fit with a workplace that empowers their passion to help people grow resiliency in their lives. The ideal candidate has a specialty niche (examples: trauma, EMDR, perinatal, grief, etc.) with advanced training and experience. This candidate is driven, motivated, collaborative, creative, and self-initiating with a desire to enhance our dynamic, supportive, and hope-filled group of clinicians.
We enthusiastically welcome inquiries from licensed mental health clinicians with diverse backgrounds, narratives, perspectives, and experiences. We are invested in co-creating a practice culture together that celebrates the personalized expression of ability, gender, age, sexuality, ethnic heritage, and spirituality. Second Growth Counseling brings on therapists that support and practice inclusive, affirming, and antiracist worldviews.
This clinical therapist will provide English and Spanish services through individual, couples/relationships community psychoeducation, and group therapy. Therapy services include treatment of adults, couples, and families. We are currently looking for providers who are licensed (LCSW, LMFT, LPC) with proven training and experience to serve both couples/relationships, as well as adults experiencing anxiety, depression, stress, or trauma. We also welcome licensed candidates who are fully-approved clinical supervisors or committed to pursuing clinical supervision status. Candidates should be prepared to share about their specific niche, population, and specialty as well as their therapeutic posture and theoretical orientation. This position is for employee status at either part-time (15 clinical sessions completed a week) or full-time (25 clinical sessions completed a week) with a compensation range between $60-$70 per clinical hour of practice, dependent on training, experience, and caseload. Anticipated start date is January-February 2024. We can also work with candidates who are transitioning out of a position while simultaneously building a caseload with Second Growth.
Full benefits available to full-time employees
- Collaborative, creative, supportive team environment
- Competitive and stable hourly compensation, paid every other week through direct deposit
- Ability to earn above $100,000 annually (licensed, full-time therapist)
- Additional compensation bonuses awarded annually
- Health & Dental insurance (in-process for 2024)
- Retirement plan with up to 4% match
- Professional Development stipend
- Malpractice Insurance
- Personalized advancement opportunities for leading groups, trainings, events, partnerships with local organizations, and advocacy efforts
- Workplace flexibility, including working remotely and/or in-person as well.
- Team case consultation & supervision
- Administrative, scheduling, and marketing support
- Insurance billing specialist to coordinate benefits, eligibility, and claim submissions
- Training and development opportunities for advancing your skillset
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Additional benefits added with company growth
- Enthusiastically align with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- Master’s Degree in clinical counseling, mental health, marriage and family therapy, art therapy, expressive cultural therapy, or other clinical mental health area accepted for Oregon state licensure.
- Active, unrestricted full license (LPC, LCSW, LMFT) in the State of Oregon. Additional corresponding license in Washington state preferred.
- Must have clinical therapy training specific to couples, relationships, and family systems. (You will be asked to indicate specifics.)
- 1-3 years experience in providing evidence-based and culturally-informed therapy.
- Must be able to demonstrate Spanish language competency at the clinical level through oral and written evaluation prior to seeing clients (paid by Second Growth Counseling).
- Commitment to inclusion, intersectionality, and best practices from ACA Code of Ethics, WPATH Standards of Care, and ACA competencies including Multicultural & Social Justice, ALGBTIC, ASERVIC, and Advocacy to advance quality care with underserved populations.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to seeing clients.
- Available to hold at least 15-25 kept client sessions per week. Some evening hours and/or sessions available on a weekend day.
- Have at least one specialty/niche market for counseling services (i.e., grief, trauma, perinatal, EMDR, etc.) with specialized training. Certification preferred.
- Preferred: Prior experience in a community agency, healthcare facility, or private practice setting.
- Please mention if you have these additional offerings:
- Current completed CAQH ProView file and approval as an in-network provider with Pacific Source, Kaiser, Aetna, MODA, Trillium OHP, HealthShare or CareOregon OHP insurance.
- Knowledge with an Electronic Health Records System
- Working skillset in developing online mental health content for platforms that include: social media, websites, blogs, downloads, e-books, or online courses
- Clinical Supervision training and/or OR Board supervision status
- Washington license
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical counseling services in English and Spanish when applicable, to clients of Second Growth Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
- Provide authorizations, assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, and evaluation through therapy services.
- Coordinate care with health providers as needed.
- Provide referrals and community resources to clients as appropriate.
- Maintain professional, ethical standards in accordance with ACA Code of Ethics, HIPAA, state law, and licensing requirements.
- Computer skills to operate as a completely digital practice within our Electronic Health Records system, integrated telehealth platform, and with secure communication strategies.
- Timely documentation of written records for each client and service including, but not limited to: intake notes, assessments, diagnoses, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contact logs, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Second Growth Counseling or third parties.
- Practice mandatory reporting, HIPAA-compliant training and standards, update CAQH file, and renew credentialing.
- Maintain client files accurately and up to date completely within the Electronic Health Records system.
- Manage and maintain a full caseload, schedule and coordinate care directly with clients, bill all private pay and copayments.
- Market and promote their clinical services through social media posts, blog articles, speaking engagements, profile listings, and networking to grow their referral base and recognition in the community.
- Utilize phone, computer, fax, scanning, secure texting, and app technologies as appropriate to best practices for clinical care, customer services, and professional standards.
Professional Skills and Development
- Maintain licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Second Growth Counseling.
- Respond timely to clients’ referrals, messages, and care coordination.
- Attend, participate, and rotate leading staff meetings and team trainings.
- Complete continued education as required to maintain licensure.
- Examine and apply anti-oppression factors in clinical work.
- Other duties as may be assigned related to supporting the delivery of mental health services.
This position may not be the right fit for you if:
- You are not yet able to speak and write in Spanish at a clinical competency level.
- You are not yet fully licensed in the state of Oregon as an LPC, LCSW, LMFT.
- You do not feel enthusiastic about our values, mission, and vision for this work together.
- You desire to only build a caseload and do not experience excitement at investing in the local community through events, advocacy, education, digital content, and community partnerships.
- You would prefer to work alone and separately, without collaborative accountability and teamwork.
- You have been unable to complete all clinical documentation within 24-hours consistently and independently.
- Your career goals are ultimately to run your own practice or be in solo practice. It’s ok if this is you! It just means we are not the right place. Our efforts are aligned to invest in our teams and provide growth opportunities within Second Growth. Our ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career fit and workplace to invest and grow within.
This position could be a great fit for you if:
- You are aligned with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- You feel energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Second Growth Counseling.
- You already hold a social justice orientation, practice anti-racism work, and are engaged in the ever-ongoing learning journey of humbling, personal growth.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and thrive on the ability to apply your grit to situations.
- You are able to engage with direct and constructive feedback.
- You are looking for the opportunity to be involved in something bigger than yourself to make a difference in the lives of colleagues, clients, and community members.
Please apply if you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity!
Complete the form below and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through the form below.
We would also appreciate a cover letter, though that is not required. Please tell us about yourself, what makes you a good fit for this team, and more details about your specialty niche/corresponding training. We will also welcome the submission of a brief intro video (about 3-minutes) in lieu of a cover letter.
We reply to every candidate. We will confirm we received your materials by email. We welcome your follow-through to confirm receipt of your materials.
For candidates who advance to the next round in the hiring process, you will receive a detailed questionnaire to complete prior to interviewing. Before your interview, we will also provide you with a significant list of our interview questions. We hope this allows you to feel more comfortable and prepared to share. We also find it a better experience rather than attempting to discern candidates through anxiety or uncertainty in the experience. We look forward to a supportive process together!