Client Care Coordinator
We are hiring for a client care coordinator to direct administrative tasks that are responsible for the onboarding experience of our clients as they start mental health services with our team. *Preference for bilingual, Spanish-speaking candidates!
The client care coordinator supports our mental health team by providing administrative assistance in the practice. This position works directly with clients and is responsible for their onboarding experience with Second Growth as they prepare for their first therapy sessions. Duties include managing initial inquiries, scheduling, verifying insurance, submitting authorizations, communicating with clients, and articulating updates about the practice in a monthly client newsletter. This position is for a part-time employee (15-20 hours a week) with a compensation range between $20-$23 per hour. With company growth, additional time and benefits may become available. Work is currently remote with future on-site work in the Portland metro area. Anticipated start date is August 1, 2022. *Potential to grow to full-time with benefits by Jan 1, 2023.
Full benefits available to full-time employees
- Collaborative, creative, supportive team environment
- Competitive and stable hourly compensation, paid every other week through direct deposit.
- Additional compensation bonuses awarded annually
- Flexible work hours
- Retirement plan with up to 4% match
- Workplace flexibility, including some remote working even after COVID. (We have hopes of seeing clients again in person within an ADA accessible facility & continuing our optional outdoor
- Training and development opportunities for advancing your skillset
- Additional benefits added with company growth
- Potential opportunity to go to full-time, including additional benefits, with company growth
- Enthusiastically align with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- Passion, commitment, and dedication to connect prospective clients with access to mental health care.
- Affinity towards communication through phone, text, and email to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Fluent in Spanish and English with the ability to show competency through formal written and verbal communication testing. (Second Growth will schedule and fund this in coordination with your availability.)
- Available to work at least 15 hours a week with 1-3 hours per business day (M-F) during business hours (8am – 5pm) that can be split between mostly remote and some in-office work. (Temporarily fully remote at this current time)
- Experience and commitment with providing services that value inclusion, intersectionality, and trauma-informed care.
- Proven experience of attention to detail, task management tracking, and communicative follow-through.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
- Must be fully vaccinated (with booster) for COVID.
- Preferred: 2 years prior experience supporting office management in a professional setting: medical clinic, community agency, private practice, salon/spa, or similar setting.
- Preferred: Working skillset in developing online content including social media, e-newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish, able to pass a competency review to show fluency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage inquiries and intake calls/emails for English and Spanish-speaking clients within 24 hours of initial contact (respond to phone and email inquiries, schedule intake appointments with an appropriate therapist, set-up clients in our system, verify insurance information, submit authorizations, send intake paperwork for completion, and answer practice-related questions).
- Initiate a system for providing metrics on intake and insurance statistics and give direction on best practices for improving the process of establishing new clients.
- Initiate duties with high attention to detail, organization, and time management, with the ability to prioritize various projects independently.
- Deliver a visually stunning, informative, and engaging client newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Maintain detailed meeting notes and summarize informationto team members in creative and interactive ways on a weekly basis.
- Manage and grow the newsletter subscriptions and email list.
- Exchange straight-forward feedback for collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving.
- Operate within our Electronic Health Records System, Google Workspace, Excel, and insurance portals using exceptional computer skills.
- Practice with HIPAA-compliant standards and maintain client files accurately.
- Utilize phone, computer, fax, scanning, secure texting, and technologies as appropriate to best practices for clinical care, customer services, and professional standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position may NOT be the right fit for you if:
- You do not feel enthusiastic about our specific values, mission, and vision for this work together.
- You are unable to commit to a year of service to the position and team.
- You don’t love being on the phone, sending emails, or connecting with new people seeking services.
- You become drained by tracking multiple data points and following through on a task over many steps and stages.
- You would prefer to work alone and separately, without collaborative accountability and teamwork.
- Your career goals are ultimately to run your own practice. It’s ok if this is you! It just means we are not the right place. Our efforts are aligned to invest in our teams and provide growth opportunities within Second Growth. Our ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career fit and workplace to invest and grow within.
This position could be a GREAT fit for you if:
- You are aligned with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- You feel energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Second Growth Counseling.
- You already hold a social justice orientation, practice anti-racism work, and are engaged in the ever-ongoing learning journey of humbling, personal growth.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and thrive on the ability to apply your grit to situations.
- You enjoy orienting new people to a process and helping them feel taken care of every step of the way.
- You thrive on fast-paced, detail-oriented work with spreadsheets and data that involves lots of communication with people.
- You are able to engage with direct and constructive feedback.
- You are looking for the opportunity to be involved in something bigger than yourself to make a difference in the lives of colleagues, clients, and community members.
Please apply if you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity!
Submit through the form below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also appreciate a cover letter, though that is not required. Please tell us about yourself, what makes you a good fit for this team, and more details about your specialty niche/corresponding training. We will also welcome the submission of a brief intro video (about 3-minutes) in lieu of a cover letter.
We reply to every candidate. We will confirm we received your materials by email. We welcome your follow-through to confirm receipt of your materials. Please no additional calls or emails at this time.
For candidates who advance to the next round in the hiring process, you will receive a detailed questionnaire to complete prior to interviewing. Before your interview, we will also provide you with a significant list of our interview questions. We hope this allows you to feel more comfortable and prepared to share. We also find it a better experience rather than attempting to discern candidates through anxiety or uncertainty in the experience. We look forward to a supportive process together!