Experienced Mental Health Therapist Job Application
We are hiring for a full time, licensed therapist to provide clinical counseling to individuals, relationships, and groups as part of our therapeutic services.
Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career fit with a workplace that empowers their excitement to help people grow more fully into themselves. The ideal candidates have a specialty niche (examples: trauma, EMDR, perinatal, grief, etc.) with advanced training and experience. Candidates are driven, motivated, collaborative, creative, and self-initiating with a desire to contribute to a team of diverse, dynamic, supportive, and hope-filled clinicians.
We enthusiastically welcome inquiries from licensed mental health clinicians with diverse backgrounds, narratives, perspectives, and experiences. We are invested in co-creating a practice culture together that celebrates the personalized expression of ability, gender, age, sexuality, ethnic heritage, and spirituality. Second Growth Counseling brings on therapists that support and practice inclusive, affirming, and antiracist worldviews.
Each licensed clinical therapist will provide services through individual, community psychoeducation, and group therapy. Therapy services include treatment of adults and families. We are currently looking only for licensed providers (LCSW, LMFT, or LPC) with proven training and experience to serve adults and families navigating challenges such as anxiety, depression, stress, grief, and trauma. LMFTs can also work with couples and relationships. This position is for full-time (25 clinical sessions completed a week) employee status with a compensation range between $65-$75 per clinical hour of practice, dependent on training and experience. Anticipated start date is January/February 2024 for beginning to see clients! We can also work with candidates who are transitioning out of a position while simultaneously building a caseload with Second Growth.
Full benefits available to full-time employees
- Collaborative, creative, supportive team environment
- Competitive and stable hourly compensation, paid every other week through direct deposit, with opportunities to earn more if you want
- Employee Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement plan with up to 4% match
- Malpractice & Liability Insurance
- Funding and support to pursue training as a Clinical Supervisor
- Personalized advancement opportunities for leading groups, trainings, events, partnerships with local organizations, and advocacy efforts
- Workplace flexibility, including working remotely and/or in-person as well
- Team case consultation
- Virtual-office resource package for remote working
- Administrative, networking, and marketing support
- Insurance billing specialist to coordinate benefits, eligibility, and claim submissions
- Training and development opportunities for advancing your skillset
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Additional compensation bonuses awarded annually
- Additional benefits added with company growth
- Enthusiastically align with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- Master’s Degree in clinical counseling, mental health, marriage and family therapy, art therapy, expressive cultural therapy, or other clinical mental health area accepted for Oregon state licensure.
- Active, unrestricted license (LPC, LCSW, or LMFT) in the State of Oregon (must be fully licensed). Additional corresponding license in Washington state preferred.
- 1-3 years post-licensure (after becoming fully licensed) experience in providing full-time evidence-based and culturally-specific therapy.
- Commitment to inclusion, intersectionality, and best practices from ACA Code of Ethics, WPATH Standards of Care, and ACA competencies including Multicultual & Social Justice, ALGBTIC, ASERVIC, and Advocacy to advance quality care with underserved populations.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check prior to seeing clients.
- Available to hold at least 25 kept client sessions per week. Some evenings required and preferably some sessions available on a weekend day. Can be telehealth or in-person.
- Fluent at the clinical level in the spoken and written English language with preference to those with second language fluency, also at the clinical level.
- Have at least one specialty/niche market for counseling services (i.e., grief, trauma, perinatal, etc.) with specialized training. Certification preferred.
- Preferred: Prior experience in either a community agency, healthcare facility, or group practice setting.
- Please mention if you have these additional offerings:
- Current completed CAQH ProView file and approval as an in-network provider with Pacific Source, Kaiser, Aetna, MODA, Trillium OHP, HealthShare or CareOregon OHP insurance.
- Knowledge with an Electronic Health Records System
- Working skillset in developing online mental health content for platforms that include: social media, websites, blogs, downloads, e-books, or online courses
- Clinical Supervision training and/or OR Board supervision status
- Washington license
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical counseling services to clients of Second Growth Counseling, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
- Provide timely authorizations, assessments, diagnosis, treatment plans, progress notes, safety plans, and evaluation through therapy services.
- Coordinate with a client’s care team as needed for collaboration of treatment, case management, crisis prevention, and multidisciplinary teamwork. (May include PCP, prescriber, family members, etc.)
- Provide referrals and community resources to clients as appropriate.
- Maintain professional, clinical, and ethical standards in accordance with ACA Code of Ethics, HIPAA, state law, insurance guidelines, and licensing requirements.
- Timely (same-day) documentation of written records for each client and service including, but not limited to: intake notes, assessments, diagnoses, progress notes, treatment plans, safety plans, termination notes, contact logs, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Second Growth Counseling or third parties.
- Practice mandatory reporting, HIPAA-compliant training and standards, update CAQH file, and renew licensing.
- Computer skills to operate as a completely digital practice within our Electronic Health Records system, integrated telehealth platform, and with secure communication strategies.
- Maintain client files accurately and up to date completely within the Electronic Health Records system.
- Manage and maintain a full caseload, schedule and coordinate care with clients and admin team, bill and collect payment according to policies and rates determined by Second Growth Counseling.
- Market and promote clinical services through social media posts, blog articles, speaking engagements, profile listings, or networking to grow a relational referral base and recognition in the community.
- Utilize phone, computer, fax, scanning, secure texting, and app technologies as appropriate to best practices for clinical care, customer services, and professional standards.
Professional Skills and Development
- Maintain licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Second Growth Counseling.
- Demonstrate attendance to job tasks, sessions, and gatherings with reliability, consistency, and intentional presence.
- Respond timely to clients’ referrals, messages, and care coordination.
- Attend, participate, and contribute to staff meetings and team trainings.
- Complete continued education as required to maintain licensure.
- Examine and apply anti-oppression factors in clinical work.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with all clinicians, staff, and leadership at Second Growth Counseling from a posture of cooperation, curiosity, and good will.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position may not be the right fit for you if:
- You are not yet licensed in the state of Oregon as an LPC, LCSW or LMFT.
- You do not feel enthusiastic about our values, mission, and vision for this work together.
- You desire to only build a caseload and do not experience excitement at investing in the local community through events, advocacy, education, digital content, and community partnerships.
- You would prefer to work alone and separately, without collaborative accountability and teamwork.
- Your career goals are ultimately to be in solo practice or run your own practice. It’s ok if this is you! It just means we are not the right place. Our efforts are aligned to invest in our teams and provide growth opportunities within Second Growth. Our ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career fit and workplace to invest and grow within.
This position could be a great fit for you if:
- You are aligned with Second Growth Counseling’s mission, vision, and values.
- You feel energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Second Growth Counseling.
- You actively hold a social justice orientation, live with dedication to anti-racist, inclusive, and anti-oppressive practices, and are engaged in the ever-ongoing learning journey of humbling, personal growth.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and thrive on the ability to apply your grit to situations.
- You are able to engage in the mutual exchange of direct and constructive feedback.
- You are looking for the opportunity to be involved in something bigger than yourself to make a difference in the lives of colleagues, clients, and community members.
Please apply if you meet the qualifications and are excited about this opportunity! Non-licensed providers are not being considered for this position.
Complete and submit the form below.
Find a way to please tell us about yourself, what makes you a good fit for this team, your therapeutic/clinical approach, and more details about your specialty niche/corresponding training. We will also welcome the submission of a brief intro video (about 3-minutes) in lieu of a cover letter.
We reply to every candidate. We will confirm we received your materials by email. We welcome your follow-through to confirm receipt of your materials. Applications are reviewed as they are submitted. We have several full-time licensed therapist positions to fill throughout 2024. It is important for us to discern the right fit and balance for our growing team.
For candidates who advance to the next round in the hiring process, you will receive a detailed questionnaire to complete prior to scheduling an interview. Then before your interview, we will also provide you with a significant list of our interview questions. We hope this allows you to feel more comfortable and prepared to share. We also find it a better experience rather than attempting to discern candidates through anxiety or uncertainty in the experience. We look forward to a supportive process together!