second growth counseling’s summer event!
We’re excited to see you! Grab a friend, bring the kids, invite your Mom!
We’re gathering around the simple but powerful posture that celebrates caring for and investing in one’s mental health. This is one party that’s going to be llamazing with Portland’s favorite Therapy Llamas lleading the way!
ACtivities for party people
We’re here to host a positive and memorable experience that brings good to your mind, heart, and body. The rooftop park is the perfect place for a Saturday fun-day. Take in the views of the PDX skyline and the surrounding mountains while you build up your mental health with these celebrations:
Pet a therapy llama and alpaca!
Plant native wildflowers to take home
Meet our therapists & tour our space
Be social or don’t! There’s room to be yourself
Lick a paleta and love it
Nosh on mouth-watering taquitos
Break the stigma & normalize mental health
SUPPORt IS HOW WE DO WELL!
On with it!!
Come Visit Us!
Party on the Rooftop Park
therapy Suite on the 5th floor
Accessible by Max Orange Line and buses 10, 9, and 17.
Located alongside the Tilikum Way Bike Pathway. Free Street Parking is available. Pay-to-Park outdoor lot on the east side of the building.
This building is ADA-accessible. Amenities include ramped entrances, a key-code elevator, non-gendered bathrooms, and an open-air rooftop. Masks are optional and available at this event. We can also make supportive accommodations to help you enjoy the experience based on your unique needs – we’d love to hear from you to set that up!
This party takes place weather permitting. Though the Portland summer forecast predicts fun and fabulous, the chance of rain or wildfire smoke may impact plans. We encourage you to honor your health and capacity as well.
Mtn Peaks Therapy Llamas & Alpacas
As a non-profit and working farm, this growing team of llamas and alpacas make special moments happen for hundreds of people each year. As registered therapy animals, their visits are impactful and uplifting. The public can also reserve time with them in their pasture and learn about these llovely animals right by their side.
La Familia De Leon is the heart behind Salsas Locas, a Mexican market, deli, and restaurant. From an early start in the agriculture fields to making tamales and salsa from the kitchen at home for family and friends, their history and recipes continue to bring people together. Now they also cater to events all around Portland, sharing their family’s passion and flavors.
The incredibly delicious plant-based, vegan frozen treat comes in all the summer flavors, inspired by urban, Native, Chicana culture. Rebecca is the magic behind Ice Queen and runs the shop just a few neighborhood streets away where they also offer soft serve and creative toppings to hit those summer sweet-tooth cravings.
Review our FAQs:
- Does this event cost anything? It’s FREE!
- Who is this for? Anyone who wants to be part of a positive Saturday experience that uplifts well-being. All ages and abilities welcomed!
- Can dogs come? There will be a furry llama and alpaca to pet so for safety, we encourage other animals to chill at home this time. All service animals carry on!
- Do I have to talk to a counselor? Challenge by choice, friends! Our counselors are pretty easy to talk to but this is a no-pressure party where you can connect with whomever you feel comfortable with.
- What is a paleta? The most delectable popsicle that’s perfect for a summer party. These are traditional Mexican ice cream bars…but wonderfully vegan. Enjoy some from the Ice Queen while you’re here or visit her shop just a few blocks away!
- When is the llama and alpaca there?! Meet Prince, the llama and Napoleon, the alpaca, on Saturday from 10am-12pm. This therapy team greets people for 2 hours a day then get to rest and hang out with the others of their herd at their farm.
The Countdown is On! Saturday, August 19th 10am - 2pm